Friday, December 25, 2015

A little catch up

Realizing I haven't posted since February reminds me that a little catching up would be nice.

Here's a timeline:

February:

  • IVF the week of February 9th.  Implementation on February 14th.  Spending Valentine's Day on my back has a whole new meaning.
  • Phone message from hospital.  Hubs and I listened to the message in our living room, sitting on the couch, ready for bad news.  
  • We're going to be parents.
  • Multiple pregnancy tests.  All positive.
  • IVF medication in all it's glory - including progesterone shots.
March:
  • Continue IVF medication and progesterone shots.  Hubby heads out of town, call in a few favors from friends to give shot in the buttocks, and take friendships to a whole new level.
  • More positive pregnancy tests.  High numbers with a possibility of multiples.
  • See the baby (singular) on the monitor.  The most beautiful little blur I've ever seen.  Tears from my eyes and hubby's eyes.
April:
  • Genetics referral and NIPT.  Genetics reveal it's a BOY.  
  • Medication is weaned and Infertility sends us on our merry way.  Until next time.  Deuces.  
May:
  • Appointments with Midwife begin.  
  • That heartbeat aka the rhythm to a beautiful love song.
  • I begin to "show" and wear different clothes.  Also, looks like I may have eaten Chipotle, hard to tell.  
  • Finally allowed to move around a bit and "work out" again.
June:
  • I discover the elastic waist band.  Genius.
  • Take up a summer job in an office with A/C.  Also genius.
July:
  • Continue to see the little man grow.  It's a boy.  It's a boy.  It's a boy!
  • Take last vacation before becoming a mom.
August:
  • Return to work and feel the first flutters in my belly.  
  • Baby shower 1.
  • Plan to work through 39th week.  Sounds like a good idea at the time.
September:
  • Bum out the kids in my classroom since I can't play tag, but become a favorite target in Duck, Duck, Goose since I can't get up quickly.  
  • Start to get awful sciatica.  Possibly from IVF scar tissue build up...?  Working out daily to fight the sciatica.
  • Baby shower 2.
  • Baby shower 3.
  • Take labor and delivery classes.  Hubs masters the art of hand massage and hip squeeze.
  • Find out the baby is breech.
  • Wish I discovered the legging phase sooner.
October:
  • Breech Version is successful.  Phew, no cesarean. 
  • Work through my 38th week.  Realize that was a crazy idea.
  • Find out I'm strep B positive = penicillin every 4 hours when i go into labor.
  • Water breaks Oct. 30 @ 9:50 pm.  First contraction 10 minutes later.
  • Check into hospital @ 1:00am October 31.  Silently pray child is not born on Halloween.  Publicly announce I do not want my child delivered by a nurse wearing a costume.  
November 1:
  • Baby boy is born @ 2:56am.  Cesarean.  
  • Fell deeper in love with hubs, now a daddy.
  • Fell in love with a tiny baby.

3 comments:

  1. hiii

    are you looking for Ivf treatment in Kenya or you want to know its cost & procedure detail please click here : IVF Cost Kenya

    ReplyDelete