Friday, December 25, 2015

It's a BOY

Hallelujah, it's a boy!

We had our son on November 1, 2015.  He is perfect.  He is beautiful.  He is loud.

On this Christmas I have made a few observations:

  •  The song "Silent Night" seems a bit of a pipe dream or it was Mary's 2nd miracle.  
  • In "Away in a Manger", the line of how the cattle are lowing and the poor baby wakes... shout out to Mary.  I realize "no crying He makes" is the rest of that sentence, but you still have a newborn with interrupted sleep... which means that Mary is also now awake and probably has to feed Jesus again or Joseph is up walking and rocking the baby and thinking about how good that noisy cow will look on his dinner plate.  
  • The gift of a nap was a perfectly wonderful Christmas gift.
  • After all that riding on a donkey, Mary must have been exhausted, no wonder she went into labor.  Which, I sympathize with since the minute I relaxed at the end of a long day, I did too.  That story to follow.
  • Finally, it blows my mind and tears stream down my face to think God sent his son to Earth to die for mankind.  My heart broke a little when my son didn't fit into newborn clothes anymore, let alone the thought of handing him to teenagers to raise.  As I held my son this morning and listened to Christmas carols, I reflected on how precious the gift of baby Jesus really is.  It's amazing what I could "see" when I looked into my child's eyes this morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment