Saturday, February 21, 2015

"I just need a laugh"

IVF can be daunting.  It can feel heavy and sometimes constricting.  Constricting as a metaphor, not the way your pants feel with the bloating and the soreness from the shots.  So I now find myself saying the words to my husband "I just need a laugh."

Caution, when muttering these words to your husband it may cause him to perform various dance moves or sing what must be remixes to pop songs.  Consider yourself warned.

In those moments I find that Netflix and Hulu plus are great fixes.  My favorite show to turn to is The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.  I find myself laughing out loud at the jokes and the games, and find it to be a great relief from the mental whirlwind of infertility.  

My appreciation for the tonight show deepens knowing that Jimmy Fallon gets the infertility struggle and he gets it from my husband's point of view.  If you didn't know, Jimmy and his wife, Nancy, struggled with infertility for a long time and have 2 adorable little girls.  If you can find the whole interview, it's uplifting and Jimmy speaks hope.  Here is what I found on the today.com webpage:

http://www.today.com/popculture/jimmy-fallon-reveals-awful-5-year-fertility-struggle-6C10904037

Keep hoping and thank you Jimmy Fallon (and of course his lovely wife Nancy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment