Wednesday, July 30, 2014

3rd time was not the charm

After what feels like a long journey of waiting (two weeks post IUI) we found out we are not pregnant.

I don't find anger this time, just a sense of defeat.  Numbness.  Shock maybe?

Monday was the day to check post IUI for pregnancy.  Negative test.  No period.  Some cramping.  Dropped waking temperature. The signs were not looking good.

Tuesday I went in for acupuncture in my new holistic health center.  This is my initial appointment where I give my list of labs taken for the last 2 years, list of vitamins and supplements I am taking, family history, daily diet, exercise, history of my menstrual cycle etc..

I laid on the table for acupuncture at the end of the appointment, and as I laid there I prayed for a child, for a pregnancy, for a miracle.

I drove home, got the mail, I walked in the front door and... well, we all know.  That "oh fuck" moment.  I then texted my out of town husband and opened a beer.  I missed beer.

July is not our month either.

No comments:

Post a Comment