Friday, July 25, 2014

On to the next one

Today I had my appointment with another Wellness Doctor.  This clinic promises a blend of western and eastern medicine.  This will most likely include acupuncture, acupressure, supplements, herbs and more.  This should be interesting.  

I arrived a few minutes late for my appointment due to the waze app unable to accurately locate the building.  Imagine my surprise (and flash of estrogen anger) when my phone chips "you have arrived at your destination" as I'm driving on the freeway.  

Even more of a surprise when I do arrive and I'm not 4 minutes late, I'm 40 minutes late.  The lady on the phone last week stated my appointment to be at 9:40, but scheduled me for 9am. Hooray for being squeezed in.

In a quick bit of chatting in a cozy chair I rattled off my vitamin and supplement list, my husband's supplement list (which he doesn't know is about to be longer), my diet restrictions, my recent medications and my "unexplained fertility" diagnosis.  The clinic was calm and the doctor was also kind.  It was thoughtful of the doctor to state that I "wasn't alone" on this journey... as if it wasn't obvious considering I was sitting in a holistic fertility clinic.  Clearly, I'm not alone and this is a good enough business as i notice the name brand shoes.

I told the doctor about my IUI status and how I'm waiting on results of this last IUI, but noted that I felt crampy.  I wasn't sure if it was cramps for possible menstrual pain, considering my uterus hasn't felt "normal" for about 2 months now.  

The doctor felt my pulse in my wrists and stated that she didn't feel the "strong pregnancy pulse" that she feels for.  I felt my face fall and the doctor stated that she didn't know my pulses yet, so it could be different.  Oh false hope, how I love and loathe thee.  

I was sent away with a packet of paperwork and will return to the doctor next week.  This journey is long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment