Monday, April 1, 2013

Different sense of humor

Today I came to my computer expecting to find many jokes about pregnancy on facebook.

While prophecy is not my usual spiritual gift, it appears God has bestowed it on me today.

My sense of humor is different.  I didn't find it a laugh, I didn't giggle and I'm sure I didn't smirk.  I guess I don't find the creation of life to be a joke since I can't get pregnant.  If my husband could, he would become a seahorse and take the burden away... which would only cause more problems, I'm sure.  

I write this because I have found that no matter how good my prayer life, how hard I plea, beg or cry out (and as a former cheerleader I got lungs) it's just something out of my control and apparently out of reach.  This ickyness of feeling not good enough has sat in my stomach like a pit for far too long.  It needs an outlet. 

 Writing is easier than hitting the gym.  Writing is less time consuming than finding a new hobby.  Writing is cleaner than gardening.  Writing is healthier than knitting outfits for my cats.  

(thanks seych for a little healthy encouragement towards typing.)

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I'm a stranger here and don't know what to say. But I will be praying for you and definitely seem like a fantastic and funny person!

    ReplyDelete