Friday, April 5, 2013

basal diet

Every morning when I wake up I have the same routine.  I like to spring out of bed. 

It was really hard to break the routine after I bought the basal thermometer.  Every morning now when I wake up (not the little wake ups in between, or the wake up that happens 30 minutes before I need to wake up cause the cats are throwing up) I take my temperature. 

This ritual is getting old.  It's hard for me to hear the alarm, turn off the alarm while barely moving, slowly get the thermometer, lay in bed, wait for that little chirp and take my temperature.  Heaven forbid I have a crazy dream or can't open my side table.  This morning I was wrapped up in the sheets like a mummy or I must have dreamed I was a cinnamon roll...

This all sounds minuscule  but if there was an emergency, I would get seriously injured.  Why?  Because I would wake up and be taking my temperature and trying to chart it in my phone.  Poor Jon having to explain to people why his wife wasn't under the door frame for safety during the earthquake... she was taking her temperature since we want to have a baby of course.

It's ok honey, after I recover fully I can explain to everyone.  Just tell people I was saving a puppy from the middle of the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment